Who doesn't love a great TED talk?
TED talks can help us to learn. We all know that TED Talks are an amazing source of information. Some are better than others. Here is my rundown of the best Ted talks you NEED to watch and why!
1) My Philosophy For A Happy Life - Sam Berns – If you need some motivation and perspective then watch this. What a great guy with an important message. He is so motivational and he had an amazing albeit short life. Sam was diagnosed with a rare condition called Progeria. But this didn’t stop him from playing the snare drum at such an early age and motivating so many others to adopt an amazing philosophical approach to life. Watch it here.
2) Looks Aren’t Everything, Believe Me, I’m A Model - Cameron Russell - Cameron claims that she won the genetic lottery, yet, acknowledges that this doesn’t always mean fulfilment. In the modelling industry, it can mean that women need to compete and compare their bodies constantly. A stark reminder that external features don’t dictate internal happiness. Watch it here.
3) Start With Your Why - Simon Sinek - This guy has a number of interesting videos. I know a lot of people can relate to what he says. I love his video about millennials as well. If you like somebody who speaks the truth and engages an audience, then check this video out. Watch it here.
4) All It Takes Is 10 Mindful Minutes – Andy Puddicombe - Studies show that mindfulness can help us to put things into perspective, reduce stress and live with little. Have you tried mindfulness? I swear by it. Once you have harnessed the power from within you will be hooked! Watch it here.
5) A Rich Life With Less Stuff – The minimalists - The minimalism idea is one that I have personally tried to adopt in a number of areas in my life. It can be difficult to get rid of things that have an emotional attachment associated. Watch it here.
6) Why Some of us Don't Have One True Calling - Emilie Wapnick - Multipotentialite. I love this word to express what someone might be. Sometimes we are not destined to do just ONE thing for the rest of our lives. I mean really think about this. Think how much you might be missing out on. I agree that having a specialization is good, but don’t miss out on other opportunities because of stubbornness. Watch it here.
7) How To Learn Any Language Easily - Matthew Youlden - 'The more languages you know, the more people you are'. If you are learning a language you know how many doors it can open. As a business English teacher, this one is hugely relevant for me. Exposure plays a huge part in learning a language and also not being afraid to make mistakes. We are human and we are learning creatures. Watch it here.
Want to discuss TED talks? Join me for a lesson.